AEA Standard for Service – Iowa Code §281—72.4(7)
Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency‘s (Agency) mission is to improve teaching and learning for all students through active partnerships and assertive leadership in a climate of mutual respect. In partnership with the schools and school districts served by the Agency, the Agency established three student learning goals (reading, mathematics, and science), in 2000, to address the needs of schools and school districts. These goals reflect a pledge to co-own the regional teaching and learning outcomes and the need to close the substantial achievement gaps among the low socioeconomic, minority, and special education subgroups.
The Agency’s programs include the following services aligned to the Agency’s goals and area education agency school technology standard for service:
- Assist schools with technology integration to create more opportunities to improve student learning.
- Assist educators with additional technologies to engage diverse student populations.
- Assist classroom teachers with technologies to advance rigor and relevance.
- Assist educators (including school leaders) with continual needs assessment and development activities to identify and implement new technologies.
- Provide school technology services to schools and school districts
- Interactive White Boards
- Microsoft Products
- Internet Resources PK-12
- Web Filtering
- Windows OS Support
- Mac OS Support
- Internet Traffic Shaping
- Mail Hosting
- Video Productions & Editing
- Google SketchUp Pro
- Technology Audits
- Inspiration & Kidspiration
- Integrating Standards
- Graphic Organizers
- Web Quests
- Web 2.0
- Online Databases
- Cyber Hunts
- Classroom Technology
- Free Interactive Resources
- Engaging Technology
- Facilitate a technology coordinators’ group to collaborate and partner around technology use, software coordination, professional development, and purchasing power.
- Provide planning and technical assistance to schools and school districts including school leaders.
- Provide technical training and modelling so that educators learn new skills, gain more access, and create opportunities for more personalized learning environments.
- Provide specialized support for school and school district technology personnel.