View the AEA COMPACT
Over a three to five-year period, the New Compact pledges co-ownership for student learning goals between Iowa’s Area Education Agency State System and Iowa’s public and non-public accredited schools in collaboration with the Iowa Department of Education. Our goal is that by 2018, every child in Iowa who graduates will be fully prepared for success in post-secondary studies, a career, citizenship, and in life!
To achieve this, we need to ensure that:
- Every Iowa child is proficient in reading by the end of third grade.
- Every child has the math skills needed to succeed.
- Learning gaps between students with disabilities and those without are reduced by at least half.
- Students enter post-secondary opportunities with the skills and attitude they need to succeed.
- We’ll ensure you have access and support to implement evidence-based best practices in your classroom, building or district.
- We’ll support you in fully implementing the Iowa Core while staying true to our commitment to identifying and serving students with unique needs.
- We’ll direct our resources toward services that research tells us will make the biggest impact.
- We’ll work together more to be one system of AEAs that collaborates, shares resources and looks more alike no matter where you go in Iowa throughout the course of your career.
- We will deliver on our promise to provide quality, specialized services based on individual student, building and district needs.