Earn your Substitute Teaching License
If you are interested in the field of education, being a substitute teacher is a great opportunity to explore this career option, enjoy a flexible schedule, and play an integral role in your communities’ education system.
- To be a substitute teacher in Iowa, you will need to:
- Complete a substitute authorization program at an Area Education Agency (AEA)
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree or a paraprofessional certificate
- Complete an Iowa and national criminal history background check
- Submit your application to the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners
To enroll in the next Substitute Authorization class at the Mississippi Bend AEA, click this link http://goo.gl/YhRiU
Registration closes August 5!
If you need more information, please contact the staff development department at 563-344-6481.