Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA 04) Reauthorized
The Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (AEA) is assisting school districts with implementing the recently reauthorized Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, commonly referred to as IDEA 04.
IDEA 04 contains substantial changes in the following areas of special education.
- Highly Qualified Special Education Teacher requirements
- Evaluations, Reevaluations, and Eligibility for Special Education
- Content of the Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Transition Requirements for Secondary Students
- Procedural Requirements
- Data Collection Requirements
- Monitoring of Compliance with IDEA 04
These changes are all designed to improve results for infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities, while making the process of special education easier for both parents and educators.
For more information about services to school districts related to the implementation of IDEA 04, contact Tete Long, Interim Director of Special Education, at 563-344-6201 or 800-947-2329.