The Board Room - Career and Technical Education
The Region 9 Career and Technical Education Planning Partnership was established to assist school districts in providing an effective, efficient, and economical means of delivering high-quality secondary career and technical education programs. As required under Iowa Code chapter 258 and 281 – Iowa Administrative Code chapter 46, the partnership will:
- Provide for the active participation of all the local school districts (Districts) and community colleges in the delivery of career and technical education in the region.
- Provide for the participation of employers, the area education agencies, and representatives of sector partnerships and community stakeholders.
- Promote career and college readiness through thoughtful career guidance and purposeful academic and technical planning practices.
- Promote high-quality, integrated career and technical education programming, including career academy programs, comprised of secondary exploratory and transitory coursework to prepare students for higher-level, specialized academic and technical training aligned with labor market needs.
- Afford students the opportunity to access a spectrum of high-quality work-based learning experiences through collaboration with a work-based learning intermediary network.
- Provide for increased and equitable access to high-quality career and technical education programs through planning and development of partnerships, regional centers, or other methods of CTE delivery.