- Full Time
- More Information
The Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency is conducting a search for up to five Educational Consultants.
The essential functions for the Educational Consultant position:
- Have skill sets to engage in the agency-wide focus on literacy, numeracy, student engagement, or multi-tiered support system (RtI).
- Provide resources regarding collaboration and coaching of differentiated instruction in the classroom, and adapting the curriculum and classroom materials.
- Teach, model and coach research based math, reading and written language strategies for low achieving students.
- Teach, model and coach Co-Teaching strategies for the special education and general education teacher teams.
The successful candidate for an Educational Consultant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Special Education or Master’s in Education plus thirty graduate hours in Special Education or Master’s as necessary for licensure area
- Special Educational Consultant Endorsement
- Four years of successful teaching (two years in special education) experience required or experience as required by the licensure
- Experience preferred in one of the following areas: literacy, numeracy, student engagement, or multi-tiered support system (RtI)
Persons wishing to be considered should submit an application package that includes:
· A detailed letter stating personal qualifications, experience and reasons for interest in the position
· A current resume
· A list of three professional references who may be contacted at the interview stage (include names, titles, addresses, and day time telephone numbers)
· College or University transcripts
The applicant is responsible for having relevant materials forwarded; all materials received will be acknowledged and treated confidentially. The applicant will be screened by members of the search committee and selected candidates will be interviewed.
PSO Salary Schedule - click here