Interpreter, Hearing (up to 4) TeachIowa Job#24922
- Full Time
- More Information
The essential functions of this job are:
- Interprets for students as dictated by student’s IEP
- Becomes familiar and adapts academic materials and environment to make sure students have educational and physical needs met
- Serve as liaison
- Attends all in-service programs and staff meetings
- Must hold a valid Iowa License for Interpreting.
B. Basic Competencies:
- Shall complete whatever inservice or training related to the provision of interpreter services that is offered by the Agency.
- Must function both as an interpreter and as an educational aide within the classroom assignment.
- Must have experience in education or working with children.
- Must have some familiarity with hearing impairment and/or demonstrates an empathy or sensitivity to handicapping conditions as determined by the interviewer.
- Must have fluent command of sign/sign with automaticity.
Bettendorf IA USDawn Meierdmeier@mbaea.org 563-344-6411