- Full Time
- More Information
The essential functions of this job are:
- Leadership to lead a team of professionals in effectively implementing the Iowa Core Mathematics student learning standards through lesson development, formative assessment, teacher leadership, training, coaching, response to intervention system, and effective interventions.
- Facilitate a highly effective team supporting teachers in their efforts to successfully implement math interventions.
- Leadership to create and sustain a supportive culture that fosters high expectations, participatory decision-making, collaboration, and quality performances.
- Support all personnel functions related to induction, professional development, coaching, supervision and evaluation.
- Have teaming skills to achieve organizational goals and outcomes through collaboration and effective problem-solving.
The requirements are:
A. Education: Master’s Degree required and Mathematics background preferred.
B. Licensure: Permanent Professional or Master Education License with at least these endorsements or equivalent:
- Professional Service Administrator or Elementary, Middle or High School Principal or Superintendent/AEA Administrator
- Evaluator Approval Endorsement required
C. Experience: Previous administrative experience and leadership within a school setting preferred or four years of experience working with schools related to effective mathematics teaching and learning implementation and interventions.
Persons wishing to be considered should submit an application package that includes:
· A detailed letter stating personal qualifications, experience and reasons for interest in the position
· A current resume
· A list of three professional references who may be contacted at the interview stage (include names, titles, addresses, and day time telephone numbers
· College or University transcripts
The applicant is responsible for having relevant materials forwarded; all materials received will be acknowledged and treated confidentially. The applicant will be screened by members of the search committee and selected candidates will be interviewed.