- Full Time
- More Information
The Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency is conducting a search for an Occupational Therapy position.
The essential functions for the Occupational Therapy position:
- Offer general education suggestions, when initial concerns arise, in the areas of fine motor, self-care and sensory behaviors.
- Evaluate problems, and determine the need for services, in the appropriate domains.
- Determine goals and priorities, and develop interventions appropriate to the child and the setting.
- Implement treatment interventions. Train and monitor caregivers and school teams in implementing techniques, once they have established competency.
The successful candidate for an Occupational Therapist must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Licensed by Iowa Department of Public Health – Physical and Occupational Therapy Examiners and Board of Education Examiner’s Statement of Professional Recognition (SPR)
- Prior experience with children with special needs or pediatric affiliation preferred
Persons wishing to be considered should submit an application package that includes:
· A detailed letter stating personal qualifications, experience and reasons for interest in the position
· A current resume
· A list of three professional references who may be contacted at the interview stage (include names, titles, addresses, and day time telephone numbers)
· College or University transcripts
The applicant is responsible for having relevant materials forwarded; all materials received will be acknowledged and treated confidentially. The applicant will be screened by members of the search committee and selected candidates will be interviewed.