- Full Time
- More Information
The Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency is conducting a search for up to nine School Psychologists.
The essential functions for the School Psychologist position:
- Have skill sets to support the agency-wide focus on literacy, numeracy, student engagement, or multi-tiered support system (RtI).
- Use valid and reliable formal and informal assessment techniques across multiple areas (i.e., executive functioning, intellectual, behavior, mental health, and academic achievement.
- Provide developmentally appropriate academic and mental health services (focused on individuals with IEPs), including academic and behavioral coaching, supporting the implementation of classroom interventions and specially designed instruction.
- Support crisis teams, use databased decision-making methods, and problem-solving strategies. Provide response and recovery to students/building/district crisis through consultation, collaboration, and direct services.
The successful candidate for a School Psychologist must have:
- Specialist or Master’s Degree with a minimum of 60 semester hours and including a practicum in the schools
- Meet Iowa licensure requirements
- Experience in educational setting preferred
Bettendorf, Clinton and Muscatine IA USDawn Meierdmeier@aea9.k12.ia.us 563-344-6411