School Social Worker
- Full Time
- More Information
The Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency is conducting a search for up to five School Social Workers
The essential functions for the School Social Worker position:
- Have skill sets to support the agency-wide focus on literacy, numeracy, student engagement, or multi-tiered support system (RtI).
- Function as a liaison between schools, families, and community to assist in the areas of child protection, homeless, and mental health.
- Provide developmentally appropriate mental health services (focused on individuals with IEPs), including behavioral coaching, classroom, and school-wide social-emotional learning programs.
- Support school crisis teams, use databased decision-making methods, and problem-solving strategies. Provide response and recovery to students/building/district crisis through consultation, collaboration, and direct services.
The successful candidate for a School Social Worker must have:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Meet Iowa licensure requirements
- Experience in educational setting preferred
Persons wishing to be considered should submit an application package that includes:
- A detailed letter stating personal qualifications, experience and reasons for interest in the position
- A current resume
- A list of three professional references who may be contacted at the interview stage (include names, titles, addresses, and day time telephone numbers)
- College or University transcript
The applicant is responsible for having relevant materials forwarded; all materials received will be acknowledged and treated confidentially. The applicant will be screened by members of the search committee and selected candidates will be interviewed.