Pre-K through 12th Grade Principal
- Full Time
Prince of Peace Catholic School
Prince of Peace Catholic School is seeking a Pre-K through 12 th grade principal beginning with the 2021-2022 school year. The academic and faith leader is responsible for the following:
- Ensure compliance with all local diocesan, state and federal rules governing schools, which includes state accreditation standards, teacher licensure, Title programs, diocesan and Prince of Peace Catholic School policies.
- Nurture and support the growth of the school faith community, which includes the school’s Catholic identity and a vibrant campus ministry program in conjunction with our parish.
- Serve as the educational leader in creating an environment of excellence in academics, student success and teacher growth and development,
- Collaborate with the business manager to ensure the development of the annual budget, approve all expenditures and plan for future needs of the school.
- Advance and support the development office in building and maintaining alumni relations, meeting public relations goals, supporting fundraising efforts, and recruiting and retaining students.
- Oversee the daily operations of the school, identifying and planning for long-term building needs to ensure building viability.
- Ensure the safety of students and staff through daily procedures, the diocesan Safe Environment Program and emergency management plans and procedures.
- Work in concert with the school board in the development and implementation of policies.
The applicant must possess strong managerial, organizational, leadership and communication skills.
Practicing Catholic in good standing
Iowa School Administrator License
Iowa Evaluator License
Prior successful teacher experience
Prior successful Catholic school administrative experience (preferred)
Prince of Peace Catholic School serves Pre-K – 12 grade students. The school also offers an After School Program for students in K-5, a Child Care for infants to 5 year olds, and a pre-kindergarten that serves 4 year olds in partnership with our local public school.
Prince of Peace Catholic School serves to promote a learning environment in which Christian formation and personal growth are a much a priority as academics. The development of effective learning habits, self-discipline and good citizenship is promoted daily and consistently throughout the grade levels. Caring for others, sharing one’s gift and talents and serving one’s community are integral parts of Prince of Peace.
Please submit the following:
Three References with contact information
(additional references may be requested at a later date)
Send information to Janelle Kitteringham:
mail: Prince of Peace Catholic School
Attn: Board President
312 South 4th Street
Clinton, IA 52732