Many Iowa schools are successfully implementing components of MTSS. Together, we will move MTSS to consistent statewide implementation in every Iowa classroom.
The Iowa MTSS framework is made up of five components.
- Evidence-based curriculum and instruction provided at the universal level.
- Universal screening of all students.
- Evidence-based, instructional interventions at the targeted and intensive levels shall be provided to each student who needs them.
- Progress monitoring for learners below expectations.
- Data-based decision making throughout the system.
For more information specific to MTSS check out this direct link: www.educateiowa.gov
Karinne Tharaldson Jones
School Improvement Administrator
School Improvement Lead