Skip to main content
Mississippi Bend AEA
Main Content

For information about Iowa teaching, substitute, and paraeducator licensure, please visit the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners website:

All license applications and renewals will be online by Fall, 2016, and will no longer accept paper submissions.

The Iowa Board of Educational Examiners is will no longer print and mail hard copies of licenses as of July 1, 2016. Check its website under “search for a license” to log in to view information about your license: license type, issue date progress of a recent renewal application, etc. The website version of your license is considered your official license record.

Due to the large volume of requests, transactions in the summer take a minimum of four to six weeks to process. Please do not contact our office to check the status of an application unless it has been longer than six weeks.  

On the BOEE website, you will find:

To renew a license you will need the following items:

  • PDF of Official transcripts from all organizations for coursework
  • PDF of Mandatory Child and Dependent Abuse Training Certificate
  • Appropriate fees are payable with a credit card at the end of the process; see the BOEE application site to pay with a check.
© 2021 Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency