Iowa Family & Educator Partnership
Purpose: The Iowa Family & Educator Partnership (Iowa FEP) provides parents and educators with opportunities to work together in positive ways to improve educational programs for children/youth with special needs.
The Iowa FEP operates through each of the Area Education Agencies and is part of a statewide network. We consist of Family & Educator Coordinators (parents of children with special needs) and an Educator Representative (special education division staff member).
The Iowa Family & Educator Partnership works to develop and sustain effective partnerships between families, educators, and community providers to promote success for all children and youth with disabilities.
- Provide support for families and educators through personal or phone contact.
- Link families and educators with needed services and resources.
- Conduct workshops on various subjects for families and educators.
- Provide books, pamphlets and CDs & DVDs on issues regarding special education, parenting and disabilities.
- Network with other agencies and programs who work with families and educators.
- Connect families and educators with similar needs and interests.
- Provide "Family Information Packets" to families.
i3 (Iowa IDEA Information) - In Iowa, the Department of Education, Area Education Agencies, and local school districts partner and collaborate to ensure quality special education and early intervention services are provided to all eligible individuals, birth to 21, as outlined in Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Special education and early intervention services, supports, and activities are provided at no cost to parents: https://iowaideainformation.org/
Iowa Department of Education - Special Education Resources for Families and Educators:
Mississippi Bend Area Education Family & Educator Partnership (FEP) - Special Education Resources for Families and Educators:
Family & Educator Partnership Brochure
FEP ChildFind Booklet
IEP Team Bookmark
Parent Information for Initial IEP Meeting
Parent Information for Reevaluation
Planning for Your Child's IEP meeting
Positive Student Profile
What to Expect at an IEP Meeting
IEP/Special Education Resources:
Special Education Links:
- Age of Majority
- The Arc of the United States
- Ask Resource Center in Des Moines
- Autism Society of America
- Autism Speaks
- Behaviorally Challenging Kids
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder
- Decoding Dyslexia Iowa
- Disability Rights Iowa
- Exceptional Parent
- Iowa Compass
- Iowa Department of Education
- Learning difficulties, including those that can be diagnosed -- learning disabilities, AD/HD, autism, and Asperger's syndrome
- Learning Disability's Association of Iowa
- National Alliance of Mental Illness
- National Down Syndrome Association
- Office of Civil Rights
- Transition Iowa
For more information contact:
|Name||Serving School Districts|
Family & Educator Coordinator
|Andrew, Bellevue, Bettendorf, Calamus-Wheatland, Camanche,
Central DeWitt, Clinton, Delwood, Easton Valley,
Northeast, North Scott, Maquoketa, and Pleasant Valley.
Family & Educator Coordinator
563-263-8476 or 1-800-947-2329
|Bennett, Columbus, Davenport, Durant, Louisa-Muscatine,
Muscatine, West Liberty, and Wilton