Skip to main content
- Met with Crisis Management Team.
- Designated the Crisis Management Team Leader.
- Arranged for substitute to assist student's classroom teacher.
- Instructed a staff member to remove locker contents from deceased student's locker.
- Designated a counseling support center in building.
- Met with building staff.
- Directed staff member to review student's cumulative folder and notify other school principals as needed.
- Informed students regarding the death.
- Wrote letter to parents of all students regarding the death.
- Designated a staff member to collect funeral arrangement information.
- Informed students/staff regarding funeral arrangements.
- Directed a staff member to remove student's name from all mailing lists, including the district's central office.
- Called and/or visited parents.
- Held mid-day meeting with Crisis Management Team Leader to assess response activities.
- Contacted clergy who will be conducting funeral services.
- Held after-school meeting.
- Met with Crisis Management Team at end of day to review day's activities, review list of "high-risk" students, and plan for next day's activities.