Skip to main content
- Attended the all-staff a.m. meeting.
- If needed, requested a substitute to assist so that I could have individual time to console students, visit with deceased student's parents, etc.
- Modeled the classroom discussion by sharing with students my feelings and reactions. (or)
- I felt I could not lead class discussion and informed the principal or Crisis Management Team
- Leader and requested a team member to lead the discussion.
- Allowed students to go to counseling support center (sent peer or aide to accompany them.)
- Kept list of student(s) I thought were "high risk" and gave names to Crisis Management Team Leader during and at the end of the day.
- Offered colleagues, who were in need of help, any assistance I could give them.
- Attended after-school staff meeting.
- If appropriate, attended the visitation and/or funeral.